[RE-wrenches] Battery Box Labeling

Dan Fink danbob at hughes.net
Fri Mar 25 07:50:49 PDT 2011

I took Bill Brook's webinar last fall on upcoming changes to the NEC
2011 addressing firefighter safety. I don't recall seeing a slide on
battery box labeling. But I'm sure Bill will chime in here!

On the battery enclosure itself, I use white letters on red background,
"Danger: Battery Enclosure. Contains corrosive liquids, hydrogen gas and
energized electrical circuits"

If there is an acid spill control kit on site, I include a sign saying
where that is. Same with a CO2 fire extinguisher.

Dan Fink
Executive Director;
Buckville Energy Consulting
Buckville Publications LLC
NABCEP / IREC / ISPQ accredited Continuing Education Providers
http://www.buckville.com/
info at buckville.com
970.672.4342 (voicemail)
970.373.1311 (fax)