[RE-wrenches] Damaged Modules (Hidden on Pallets)

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at 1scom.net
Thu Mar 10 12:06:52 PST 2011

When four pallets of Spire 85W modules arrived at the job site in 2006, the
ranch manager there signed for them after counting them and only a cursory
look and walk around.
Turns out the very bottom module on one pallet had a slight, and almost
invisible scrape from [?] the forklift causing the glass to shatter. It
would have never been visible without bending over for a close up look.
Stretch wrap also made the close examination difficult.
The modules were exposed on the sides except for the corners which had heavy
formed cardboard corner braces and banding. Not surprisingly the wrap was
not torn.
Live and learn.

Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy