[RE-wrenches] Xantrex/Schneider recall

Antony Tersol tony at appliedsolarenergy.com
Wed Mar 9 12:19:14 PST 2011

Waiting for the kits - reimbursement promised.

A few years back, we inherited a client with 2 Xantrex Sunties.  These
got replaced under warranty with the newer ones (that are now subject
to recall).  Had further problems and replacements.  Then had an
incident where the cover looked like it had been torn off - client
thought it was some weird type of vandalism, but after getting the
recall notice, and reviewing the incident, we theorized that it had
been a victim of the bad components and had blown off.  We think one
of the earlier problems had also been caused similarly - there had
been a loud bang and smoking with one of the earlier failures.

Antony

Message: 1