[RE-wrenches] Fronius IG-5100

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Mon Mar 7 17:23:37 PST 2011

I have a client that was going to get a refurbished IG-5100 under warranty,
but he is now thinking about the newer IG Plus 6.0.

Fronius is not interested in replacing the dead IG-5100 with an IG Plus 6.0
even though the client is willing to pay a reasonable amount of money for
the "upgrade".

Besides the fact that I think Fronius is missing an opportunity to score
some PR points here -- can anyone help me understand the IG Plus "new
features and benefits" compared to the old IG line? As far as I can tell,
the current three strings of 12 each Kc1

How are the IG Plus faring in the field?

Is anyone interested in a refurbished IG-5100 that is still in the box from
Fronius? Warranty runs through July 2017. If so please contact me off line.
Now that I think about it I need to ask Fronius if the warranty transfers to
a new owner.

 - Peter

Peter T. Parrish, Ph.D., President
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885