[RE-wrenches] grounding the Enphase inverter

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Mar 7 12:02:17 PST 2011

HI BIll;

I follow you NEC logic here, and just needed a couple of clarifications:
1) Can we use smaller than #6 bare to connect to the inverters, as long as it was not exposed to physical damage? (ie. under the modules, in conduit)
2) for irreversible splices, are crimp lugs acceptable, or do we need to use the much more expensive ( and dangerous to make) exothermic welds?

Thanks in advance for generously sharing your expertise,

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer