[RE-wrenches] Spot welding PV's to rails for theft prevention: bad idea?

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Fri Mar 4 13:15:21 PST 2011

Mick,

I partially belt sanded off one side of the "security"  nut
flange on the cone part just enough to make it fit on one
install. They are still there. Be sure to use gloves that
belt sander is rough on the fingers.

I resorted to holding with a Vice grip wrench. Even then
they flew quite a distance if they came loose.

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

web - www.solarwork.com

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"

Do not ever believe anything, but seriously trust through
action.