[RE-wrenches] grounding the Enphase inverter

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Fri Mar 4 12:16:35 PST 2011

I would like to remember us all back to 16-20 years ago when
we were required to use a ground cable "equal" to the
largest conductor in the system. This was typically sized by
the inverter cable at 4/0 copper. I gotta say that was a
really dumb rule.
At that time we were to "not create " ground loops. One
point of ground was the maximum for the DC circuit.

Today's grounding requirements create ground loops [ in my
opinion]. I wonder where this topic will ground out, 10
years  from now. I am delighted to be done with 4/0 ground
cable though.

Dana Orzel
Great Solar Works, Inc
E - dana at solarwork.com
V - 970.626.5253
F - 970.626.4140
C - 970.209.4076
web - www.solarwork.com

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"
Do not ever believe anything, but seriously trust through
action.