[RE-wrenches] One renewable disconnect.

John Wadley wadleyjk at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:05:16 PST 2011

I think the NEC passages I am recalling (300.3 C 1, 690.4 B) refer to mixing DC and AC in the same conduit, enclosure, etc.  I cannot find anything that would prevent me from disconnecting both wind and solar from the grid in one switch enclosure using a multi-pole switch.  They will be electrically connected (at least on one phase) immediately afterward via the line-side tap.  Anyone know of other restrictions that I am missing?

Best Regards,
John Wadley, MSEE, PE
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer (TM)
Wadley Engineering
214-557-3841

CONFIDENTIALITY: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, or distribution or the taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this communication and destroy all copies.