[RE-wrenches] Seam clamps with or w/o rails

Dana Orzel dana at solarwork.com
Fri Feb 18 15:39:04 PST 2011

Drake  -

We have done several standing seam roofs with S-5 & had great success.

The last roof we attempted S-5 on the roofer said that the panels were
attached solely at the top and only tacked to the roof deck on the lower
portion and that the weight would rip the whole sheet off if we attached to
the standing seams. We resolved the attachment by using L feet.

It was a real wake up call to realize that there was a system this flimsy
for a metal roof attachment.

Dana Orzel

Great Solar works, Inc.

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.414

C - 970.209.4076

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"