[RE-wrenches] Small Charge controllers, WAS (no subject)

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Thu Feb 17 12:38:02 PST 2011

I recently saw another installer's small system with a Phocos CXN
controller (MPPT). It is very simple and small. I think the only way to
change the LVD setpoints is through software on a computer, and there
are only 5 LVD "modes."

I can't vouch for it, but it looked like a reasonable solution with a
decent LCD status readout. If small and user friendly is important, it's
an option to look at.

By the way, this system had two 12V Werker 33aH AGM batteries. They fit
nicely in a large NEMA 4X enclosure. Contact me off-list if you want
pictures.

Jason Szumlanski

Fafco Solar