[RE-wrenches] Meter base minimum conductor size

Bob-O Schultze bob-o at electronconnection.com
Wed Feb 9 17:44:36 PST 2011

I use Maverick's ferrule method. I buy #10 uninsulated barrel connectors and crimp them on my 10AWG conductors.
Good Luck, bob-O

On Feb 9, 2011, at 4:23 PM, Carl Adams wrote:

Wrenches,

We often use a conventional 100A meter base and analog meter as an
independent metering system for inverter output.  These meters
typically have a minimum conductor size of #6 AWG.  For smaller
systems the inverter output conductors are smaller than #6 AWG.  We
have upsized the conductors to match the meter base requirement, but
this adds expense.  I am looking for other suggestions for resolving
this.

With Regards
Carl Adams
SunRock Solar