[RE-wrenches] Meter base minimum conductor size

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Wed Feb 9 16:42:23 PST 2011

Try this, Carl~

Strip about 1.5" off the end of your skinny stranded wire then fold it in
thirds before
inserting it into the compression lug. It's still only one wire in case
anyone should ask,
but your inspector may balk. Try it and see as this would depend on the
inspector's
particular mindset.

If you get failed, I would suggest copper split bolts to splice your skinny
wires onto
short bits of fatter wire. This solution is more clunky, more expensive, and
a wire
splice is always more risky than an uncut wire.

Jolliness,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675