[RE-wrenches] NABCEP What's the problem?

Aaron Mandelkorn reosolar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 07:10:43 PST 2011

I can't believe that reputable installers are actually trying to have this ad removed and have a problem with NABCEP's efforts to give this industry some standards.  I can't even count how many jobs I have fixed that were installed by professionals 10 years ago.  It is just scary what some installers try to get away with.  If someone has been in the industry for 10+ years they should be able to pass the NABCEP.  If they expect someone to pay big bucks for their service don't you think they should have some way of backing up their claim of professionalism other than the fact that others have trusted their work?  It seems to me that if the test is to hard, takes to long, or is a financial burden to anyone in this industry; you are in the wrong line of work.  I pay way more per year in liability insurance and other costs to keep by business open that the $400 test fee (for 3 years) is really just a drop in the bucket. And yes I am NABCEP Certified and proud of it.

Aaron Mandelkorn
Renewable Energy Outfitters
P.O. Box 65
Salida CO 81201