[RE-wrenches] AC coupled, grid-tied Sunny Island - contactor & bypass

Kelly Keilwitz, Whidbey Sun & Wind kelly at whidbeysunwind.com
Fri Jan 14 10:22:40 PST 2011

August,
If the SI does, indeed, shut out the pass-through AC channel when the
critical load panel is connected directly to the grid this is
certainly a simpler solution. That would explain why the GD inverters
would drop out during a switch.
Is the switch-over is fast enough that time-keeping gizmos will not
have to be reset? Ours is an on-grid customer, with on-grid
expectations.

We'll confirm that this connection is approved by SMA.

Thanks, again.
-Kelly

Kelly Keilwitz, P.E.
Whidbey Sun & Wind