[RE-wrenches] Expansion on conduits on commercial roof tops!

Hans Frederickson hans at fredelectric.com
Fri Dec 23 09:31:27 PST 2011

You just need to keep your strut straps loose enough that the conduit will
slip as it expands and contracts. Sometimes you'll need to use the next size
bigger strap from the conduit you're using. Then make sure you strap the
barrel of the expansion coupling tight, and remember to leave enough slack
wire in your boxes and conduit bodies to allow for conduit expansion to pull
on the wire a bit without stressing wire terminations. That's it. The Carlon
guide for installing their PVC parts covers this stuff pretty well:

http://www.carlon.com/Installation_Training/IT-ISEXPJT.pdf

Regards,

-Hans