[RE-wrenches] Standard sizing

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Dec 7 09:30:42 PST 2011

Friends:

Why can't the industry create a list of standard module sizes, sort of like
the battery industry has (http://www.rtpnet.org/teaa/bcigroup.html)?  This
would be a big benefit to the consumer and the installer.  If a module of
Group X size breaks, you are far more likely to find a replacement if other
manufacturers make modules of the same physical size.  Then the only
challenge is to match electrical characteristics, but if you find the same
crystal type and cell count, you have succeeded.  Who can we advocate to?

William Miller

PS:  I have been saying this for years!

wm