[RE-wrenches] Diversion load for AC coupled system

Kent Osterberg kent at coveoregon.com
Tue Nov 29 18:30:04 PST 2011

Larry,

I think Magnum's recommendation is more about proper battery charging
than safety.

I'll second Kirpal's and Jeremy's recommendations for loads. The Tristar
is probably the best choice for this job, but you are overestimating
what you can do with it and paralleling two may have some coordination
issues. The Tristar 60 manual says to keep diversion loads below 45 amps
(or somewhere close to that). I think its a reliability issue so with a
secondary shut down method, you might be okay pushing it a bit. I'm not
sure how you get two of them to work together.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar, Inc.
www.bluemountainsolar.com
t: 541-568-4882