[RE-wrenches] High-power MPPT/Charge Controllers?

maverick at mavericksolar.com maverick at mavericksolar.com
Sat Nov 19 20:17:01 PST 2011

Wow!

The most I have in one Outback install is 8 MX60s and 8 VFX3648s.

Overall the customer has been happy with the performance and the stacking power save feature helps with idle power draw.

As for the OPs request, the most PV still remains to be about 5000 watts gross power per controller (80A x 50V / 0.80), even if they slice it up as high voltage or not high voltage type controller.

Another curious idea is the cost per volt when comparing 150V input, 80A Output controllers to the new high voltage input controllers. That cost consideration spreadsheet is still under construction.

Thank you,

Maverick

Maverick Brown
BSEET, NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer ®
President & CEO
Maverick Solar Enterprises, Inc.
Office:     512-919-4493
Cell:        512-460-9825