[RE-wrenches] Xantrex Vesta Online units

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Thu Nov 10 14:41:58 PST 2011

On 11/10/2011 1:41 PM, Ron Young wrote:
> Hi all, does anyone have any experience with the Xantrex Vesta Online
> units? I have just been contacted by a client who has several of these
> in storage and he wants to put them into use as off-grid inverter
> systems. The only thing I've been able to find out about them is that
> they seem to be UPS units. Client has no further info or manuals. I
> have a pic if anyone needs a look.
>
> Best Regards,
> */Ron Young/*

The Vesta that I remember was a very early Xantrex,  late Trace battery
box like thing with an inverter
in it.  The inverter would normally have been either a Statpower
Prosine  or a Trace PS2512 or
some other voltage.   We called it the Pentasine cuz it had 5 transformers.

I wasn't sure if the Vesta was a shipping product but I guess they/we
did ship some.

I have a couple of those that I use for shelves in the basement.  They
had doors.

boB