[RE-wrenches] Faulty PM-60 circuit board

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Nov 7 10:16:02 PST 2011

Today's controllers are so much better both in terms of battery
management, and power efficiency, that I replace the old Pulse stuff
even if they're not dead. I usually keep the PC250 as a DC load center,
and pop a new controller off the top. This is often a good time to add a
few modules to the array, and rewire the existing array to higher
voltage. This allows the existing home run wiring to be reused, even
with the additional modules. I've found that if the original array
wiring was good, that it takes very little work to jump up the voltage.
Definitely don't need to redo every connection.
People are used to upgrading to better electronics: who still uses their
computer, modem, or cell phone from 10 years ago?
Today's controllers will pay for themselves in extended battery life alone.

Ray