[RE-wrenches] Battery idle losses; Sunny Island overhead

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Wed Nov 2 17:24:09 PDT 2011

Hi Jeff,

1500Wh? That's a 62 watt loss 24/7. That is surprising as it's more than twice what the manufacturer claims; 25 watt with no load or 0.6kWh daily.  However, as loads come on the idle losses quickly diminish as they are overtaken by the load. I have not done any SI jobs but that number, 1.5kWh, concerns me.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems