[RE-wrenches] SMA electrical noise?

Christopher Warfel cwarfel at entech-engineering.com
Fri Oct 28 06:31:47 PDT 2011

Check array open circuit voltage calculation?

On 10/28/2011 8:46 AM, Dave Palumbo wrote:

> Wrenches,
>
> This is a new one on me. Any ideas of what may be happening?
>
> In a follow up she said it happens every day. System was installed two
> months ago. SB8000US inverter 8.28kW array.
>
> << Dave
>
> We are experiencing electrical noise at dawn and dusk. The power back
> ups for our computers start beeping, going off and on, and finally
> causing the computers to shut down. This is probably not good for the
> computers. Is this something you are aware of in these systems?
>
> Can you give us some advice or perhaps come over to check into it?
>
> Like I said, at dawn and dusk, just when the sun is changing intensity. >>
>
> David Palumbo
>
> Independent Power LLC
>
> 462 Solar Way Drive
>
> Hyde Park, VT 05655**
>
> */www.independentpowerllc.com /*
>
> NABCEP Certified PV Installer
>
> Vermont Solar Partner
>
> 23 Years Experience, (802) 888-7194

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options&  settings:

> List rules&  etiquette:

Christopher Warfel, P.E.
ENTECH Engineering, Inc.
Energy Utilization Experts
(401)466-8978

The information contained within this communication shall
be considered confidential and shall not be retransmitted
without knowledge of the sender. Please contact us if
this email reached you in error. Thank you.