[RE-wrenches] Battery / no-battery

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Thu Oct 27 12:27:00 PDT 2011

On 10/27/2011 12:14 PM, Nathan Jones wrote:
> Gary,
> Sorry to interject on top of your previous reference to AC coupling. I had not read your post before replying. I am not aware of any way to use a single inverter for battery and non battery DC input. My thoughts with Williams first post was an AC coupled arrangement of some sort. I would think that if something like this was in development someone on the list would be aware of it. But then again,maybe they aren't talking.
> Nathan Jones
> Power Source Solar

I may have dreamed this, but I thought for sure that I saw a solar
grid-tie inverter at SPI either one or two years ago that
had a 48V tap that could be hooked up to a battery.  This was not one of
the main inverter companies
we use but some Asian company I remember....   Vaguely...   I remember
that it was kind of odd but
not a real bad idea.  Most inverters do have an internal DC bus so this
isn't totally out of the question.

If I could see a list of exhibitors from past SPI's, I might be able to
remember.

boB