[RE-wrenches] Instruction manual / User interface rant

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Tue Oct 18 07:11:50 PDT 2011

I second the vote for Magnum Energy remotes. When combined with the BMK battery monitor and AGS, there is simply nothing better on the market as far as function and ease of use. The new ME-ARC offers very advanced control for off grid or grid connected systems. And Made in USA makes me a huge fan.

In our early years we only sold Outback for off grid use. Although reliable, the configuration, programing and customer use has created much frustration and cost. When your customer is 6 hours drive into Mexico, I want things to be easy for the customer to understand. After the FM controllers were released, we had several failures that soured my opinion on Outback. It would of helped if they covered my cost but no compensation was given. Now we only install Magnum products for off grid systems and high end mobile installs. I'm not "disssing" Outback as I think they are much better than the any of the other Made in China products.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems