[RE-wrenches] battery cycle life, US Battery

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Sat Sep 17 13:38:03 PDT 2011

Geez, I got that file on a model specific google search. It has a
picture of a 4000 series flooded cell to the side, no other labeling,
and it matched my cross check in the AEE catalog (1000 cycles at 50%
DOD). I can't seem to get to that page within the website.....
The chart you sent is labeled series 4000, and is labeled 1280 cycles
@50% DOD (very definitive, very different). Did both myself and AEE
indeed use the wrong data?(I see the AGM tag) I have another s460 spec
sheet claiming 1300 cycle 10 year life with no DOD mentioned.....
Its like shopping for tires or a mattress, you never know what to
believe, other than real experience sometimes. I had a horrible time for
instance finding cycle data for Deka, and I'm still not sure if what
they sent is right (that Deka = Trojan) I had conflicting charts and
numbers from Trojan too.....
Be nice to have an independent test facility and publish some trust
worthy comparison data on a level playing field. I based my Rolls info
on almost a decade of literature collected from them, not just that one
chart.

Awaiting clarification from Rolls, sorry if I used the wrong data

Ray Walters