[RE-wrenches] unique battery bank design question

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Fri Sep 2 06:41:43 PDT 2011

Yeah, Rob, you and I have talked about this before regarding 12V
required for generator start/control with a 48V battery bank. In that
case we did the inefficient thing by charging the generator starting
battery with a 12V charger off the AC output of the inverter. A separate
PV panel was the more expensive option. I appreciate your input on this.

What can you tell us about battery equalizers as an alternative to DC-DC
converters??

Jason Szumlanski
Fafco Solar