[RE-wrenches] unique battery bank design question

Exeltech exeltech at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 13:30:36 PDT 2011

Hi Jason,

Well designed off-the-shelf converters can achieve 90% efficiency, and as you mention, this will vary a bit depending on the rated output current of the converter vs. the actual load current.

I've designed and built  24V @ 25A to 12V @ 50A converters for my own use that are in the 95% realm.

Your mileage may vary.

Dan