[RE-wrenches] unique battery bank design question

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Thu Sep 1 13:07:57 PDT 2011

Dan,

What kind of efficiency level (%) can you get out of a DC-DC supply on a
small load, say <5A @ 12V with a 48V->12V converter? Is the efficiency
level highly variable depending on load as a percentage of the
converter's maximum capacity, or is it pretty constant?

I run into this once in a while, so this piece of information would help
me make some better decisions.

Thanks,

Jason Szumlanski

Fafco Solar