[RE-wrenches] Electric boiler usage?

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 27 06:51:52 PDT 2011

For cost savings
besure to use the rate schedules. avaiable to reduce costs

I am working today on a energy efficiency house (3000 sqft) northern Minnesota their heating system is infloor (concrete floor)  they heat with 12 kW boiler, response is slow, but it meets the heat load. even at (-30 to -40 F with wind)  Another house on my list is 2500 sqft well insulated 15 kW but they are dissapointed with getting cold at times.  (in floor concrete)

Caution on the heat below the floor, I have seen disappointed perple having having 180-190 water and not enough heat.  The house must be very very well insulated.   I can work with you on this off line, I may even have some of my course materials from when I taught super insulated houses.