[RE-wrenches] Lithium Ion Phosphate for grid back up

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 19:14:34 PDT 2011

your numbers sound to good.  My limited to one experiance is $15,000 for 10 kWh you are talking 33600 kWh for same money.  The local people who are putting 5 kWh in to preius cars are $5,000 for 5kWh   both of these setups have elaborate battery managment systems.  One of my competors puts 10 kWh Lead acid in for $1500,  and no elaborate charging system.

I have gotten more than 10 years on a set of Rolls Surrette batteries, with proper care.   I have a sealed AGM with almost 5 years,  so whAT IS THE ADVANTAGE?  It is said that the Li can do 5 times the cycles, but I can replace.

The Li batteries no maintenance, 3000 to 5000 deep cycles, I want them, but I can't afford
Darryl