[RE-wrenches] Responses Welcomed!: 230/400 50Hz in the U.S Off-grid?

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Aug 9 16:58:07 PDT 2011

Canadian code? Bahamas? You my friend have to make serious contact with
local contractors to get the real scoop.
Seems that if the customer owns the whole island, he gets to decide what
voltage and frequency to operate the island at. Are there actually
building officials or inspectors that are going to boat out to tell
everyone what to do?  We have whole counties here in Colorado (and
Oklahoma) with no electrical inspection process, so why would the
inspectors come to an isolated island in a foreign country?

Bottom line: Keep the customer happy and everyone else should be happy.

Ray Walters