[RE-wrenches] 2 SW inverters on three phase

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Jul 28 11:47:11 PDT 2011

boB:

I'd like to run the inverters in the normal fashion with generator input
(no PV):  (I'd thought these were SW inverters but they are PS series).

1. The inverters power 120 only loads (shared neutral on two feeders) so
the inverters need to be stacked.
2. When the batteries get low, the inverters start the generator.  The
inverters transfer through from the generator power to the loads and charge
batteries.

Can the PS pair do this with a three phase generator?   I am beginning to
think not...

William

At 10:56 AM 7/28/2011, you wrote:

>Do you just want to charge batteries  and are these regular  120VAC SWs
>??   120/208 ??
>
>If so, you should just be able to connect each  SW from neutral to hot. No
>stacking necessary.
>
>A regular SW stacking cable won't work for delta connections because that
>assumes
>the phases are going to be 180 degrees (120/240) and not 120 degrees
>as  for 208V delta.
>
>There was a 3 phase version of the SWs which required a separate 3-way
>cable and
>different software in the SW itself.
>
>boB
>

>>On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:23 AM, William Miller
>><<mailto:william at millersolar.com>william at millersolar.com> wrote:
>>Friends:
>>
>>Is there any way to connect two SW series inverters to two phases of a
>>three phase generator?  It seems to me that one could connect three SW
>>inverters with the right stacking cable (or am I confusing Outback
>>inverters with the hub jumper set properly).
>>
>>Any input is appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>William
>>
>>William Miller