[RE-wrenches] Module Racking Attachment to SIP Roof

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at 1scom.net
Tue Jul 26 20:45:03 PDT 2011

Seems as though a motivated Architect could order custom SIP panels with
dimensioned lumber ribs attached on the inside surface of the exterior roof
panel. It would allow for NS rows of attachments without puncturing the
envelope.
We priced SIP construction years ago and found that mfgrs can build
virtually any wall or roof panel configuration the design requires. All it
takes is more money.
That's why we ended up with 2x6 with spray foam shell.

Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy
NABCEP Certified Solar PV
Installer No.031310-57