[RE-wrenches] Anti-Islanding Explanantion

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Jul 19 10:44:02 PDT 2011

If you wouldn't mind Peter, I'd like to see this discussion stay on the list.
I'd be interested to learn more about the actual anti-islanding features of inverters.
What you've described seems to just cover the voltage and frequency windows that the inverter will grid tie to.
I was always under the impression (perhaps false) that there were additional software controls to prevent anti-islanding to another inverter.
Bill Brooks seems to know more about UL1741 test procedures.

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer