[RE-wrenches] 24 volt Battery Bank comparison

Michael Welch michael.welch at re-wrenches.org
Wed Jun 1 10:43:21 PDT 2011

Every now and then I see reference on this list to the need for thermal detection. Here is an interesting, inexpensive piece of equipment that could be used for finding hot (loose or corroded) connections, hot batteries, hot PV cells in modules, and even poorly insulated spots, its original intended purpose:

http://www.blackanddecker.com/power-tools/TLD100.aspx

I have one and used it for finding uninsulated spaces, but cannot attest to its durability or suitability for the other uses mentioned above.