[RE-wrenches] Float, Sell Voltages

holtek at sbcglobal.net holtek at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 7 06:30:57 PDT 2011

Trying to tweak a couple of battery based grid-tie systems.Trying to
maximize sell back without frying or draining the batteries. Have gotten
various opinions from manufacturer's techs, so why not a few more......
Concord AGM's set now as follows:
Bulk = 57.2v
float = 53.2v
sell = 52v
It is my understanding that sell is actually a "low end float" on a grid-tie
system and to keep the CC "wide open" for sellback, I might set the float to
around 54.5v+ ( and maybe even as high as 55v?) and the sell voltage a bit
higher - (53.2?) with the understanding that if grid goes down for extended
period of time that the float must be set back to 53.2.  Any thoughts?

One other thing....with 4.3kW PV array, what would you expect as the maximum
sell wattage to show up at peak sun? (my guess is 3.3 - 3.5)

Holt E. Kelly
Holtek Fireplace & Solar Products
500 Jewell Dr.
Waco TX. 76712