[RE-wrenches] NABCEP Stamp

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 20:11:21 PDT 2011

Andrew and Troy,

While I can't speak for NABCEP, I would expect that NABCEP should be very
opposed to this type of use of their logo. NABCEP does not certify the work
that a NABCEP certificant does. They only certify that the installer has met
the obligations for certification. There is a HUGE difference between the
two. NABCEP cannot, and should not, be held accountable for work that
someone does in the field. A contactor's work is covered by the state laws
and the licenses required to perform that work in that state.

Just because a local jurisdictions thinks that getting a certification from
NABCEP means something to the installation, does not mean that the
information should be on the plan set. Information about the certification
of the installer should be provided separately.

Don't make a stamp, whatever you do.

Bill.