[RE-wrenches] grounding the Enphase inverter

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Fri Mar 4 09:58:18 PST 2011

Bill:

Other than  complying just because this is a rule that has to be followed,
is there any logical foundation to the requirement to provide a #8 ground
to a circuit with OC protection at 20 amps?

If there is a valid safety reason, then let's all get behind it and become
adept at providing this GEC.

If the rule makes no sense, let's advocate that it be changed.

What is the reason for providing this GEC to an inverter?

Thanks in advance.

William Miller