[RE-wrenches] grounding the Enphase inverter

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 09:51:28 PST 2011

System grounding requirements.

-----Original Message-----
From: re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org
[mailto:re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of Mark Frye
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 7:51 AM
To: 'RE-wrenches'
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] grounding the Enphase inverter

The interesting thing to me is the underlying assumption in the Code that a
GEC is requried for grid-tied inverters at all. Why isn't EG sufficient for
function and safety.

Which of the following common electrical equipment has the same requirement:

UPS
Motors with regenerative energy disipators
DC power supplies
Standby generators

??

Mark Frye