[RE-wrenches] PV water pumping

Phil Undercuffler solarphil at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 05:59:22 PST 2011

Tom,

It can be done, depending upon how deep the static water level is and what
additional lift or pressurization needs to be overcome.

The SQ-Flex will run at highest capacity off an AC source, so I'd consider
using an inverter system and grid power, with additional solar designed to
supplement the grid.  You can run the SQ-Flex off a 120v source, so a single
inverter works fine.  I run my Flex off my FX2024 along with all my regular
household loads, no problems.

Size the array to cover the load through the longest expected grid outage
(minimum) or you can size the solar to provide the majority of the power,
and use the grid as "bonus" energy or to cover up for sizing shortages or
the inevitable load creep.

Phil Undercuffler

"imagine if..."