[RE-wrenches] Roofers installing solar = creative, new installation methods

Solar Energy Solutions solarenergysolutions at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 08:41:29 PST 2011

Joel,

Our company cannot survive without selling an entire system.  When we help the unqualified and untrained we legitimize unsubstantiated pv businesses.  We get  a dozen phone calls a month from folks wanting us to install their systems.  It is a rat hole and we have learned that not only are such ventures unprofitable, they are fraught with poor designs and a plethora of other hassles.  This whole thing reminds me of the Carter solar Gold Rush where, sure, a bunch of systems were installed, but look at the damage it did to the industry.

Respectfully,

Andrew Koyaanisqatsi
President
Solar Energy Solutions, Inc.
Since 1987,
Moving Portland and Beyond
to an Environmentally Sustainable Future.

503-238-4502
www.solarenergyoregon.com

"Better one's House too little one day
than too big all the Year after."