[RE-wrenches] 2011 NEC and impact in the field

Dan Fink danbob at hughes.net
Thu Jan 13 09:27:12 PST 2011

August;

There was a webinar from Solar ABCs in autumn 2010 that covered many of
these new 2011 NEC  issues in detail, in a very practical way for the
professional PV installer.

I believe you can download the whole thing from them right now after the
fact.

I'm quite involved in teaching the PV / firefighter safety curriculum
now, and signage is a big issue. In short-- engraved plastic signs are
fine indoors or out, but don't penetrate an outdoor-rated box screwing
them on! Stick-on vinyl signs need to meet UL 969. The webinar has some
great photos of faded vinyl signs that have become unreadable.

DAN FINK
Executive Director,
Buckville Energy Consulting LLC
NABCEP / IREC / ISPQ accredited Continuing Education Providers