[RE-wrenches] Pump control

mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 19:40:26 PST 2011

Wrenches, wrenchers and wrenchees,

I've got a pump control question.  Working on a stand-alone pumping station
in Haiti.  I am planning on using a Grundfos SQflex pumping system with a
Cu 200 and a float switch.  Also needed on site, is a small pressure pump
to force water through a purification system.  This part won't take much
power, and the cistern will sit full most of the time, so I'd like to be
able to take advantage of this.  I am thinking that I would like to figure
out a control system that works off of the float switch that when the float
is up, the array leads disconnect from the pumping system and connect to a
charge controller that charges up some batteries that will be used to power
the pressure pump.

Has anyone designed anything like this?  Any ideas on how to do this?  I
think I can use an op amp to amplify the 15 mA signal on the float switch
to push a relay, but that may not be as reliable as it should be.

Thanks in advance.

Mac Lewis
--

Mac Lewis