[RE-wrenches] 10 yr old Kohler gen

mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 17:52:58 PDT 2011

Hello Wrenches,

I am trying to help a customer over the phone troubleshoot a 10 year old
Kohler 10 kW generator with a 4 cylinder Ford motor.  The unit starts fine
and then goes into fault after about 30 seconds  I am unfamiliar with these
units and weak on generators in general.  I had him check fuel level, oil
level, and radiator level.  All were good.  He doesn't hear any changes in
rpm that indicate overspeed or underspeed.  Any ideas?  Also, on these
units is there a way to get more detailed fault info?  Thanks!

Mac Lewis

--

Mac Lewis

*