[RE-wrenches] Sealed L-16 size batteries / battery terminals

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Jun 27 15:33:13 PDT 2011

Colleagues

I need to replace batteries for a customer.  They have Trojan L-16
batteries in an infrequently occupied vacation home.  Maintenance has been
an issue due to the infrequency in which the customer is on site.  I think
VRLA batteries are indicated.

The enclosure is built for L-16 size batteries so it would be ideal to find
VRLA batteries the same size.  I find that Fullriver and US Battery offer
batteries that meet the size specification.  Do any of you have experience
with these batteries?

I notice that Trojan and MK have abandoned the threaded stud connections in
favor of flags.  This makes sense as we have seen some studs pull out.  The
Fullriver and US Battery have the dual threaded stud / automotive
terminals.  Have any of you had similar failures with the threaded studs?

Thanks in advance,

William

William Miller
Miller Solar