[RE-wrenches] 2014 NEC documents

Michael Welch michael.welch at homepower.com
Mon Apr 4 11:01:19 PDT 2011

If you have any questions or comments, please respond to me off list.

Received this from John Wiles. You may respond to him at <jwiles at nmsu.edu>.

I have put the documents he enclosed on the Wrench ftp site, individually and zipped together. You can find them here:

ftp://ftp.re-wrenches.org/pub/

Dear members of the PV Industry Forum (Chair-Ward Bower):

I have attached the first draft of 40 proposals that have been developed for articles 690 and 705 as well as a couple for other articles for the 2014 NEC.

They have originated from many sources and some are from proposals rejected for the 2011 NEC.

Track changes in future drafts by looking at the file dates.

Feel free to mark up and comment.  Don't forget the substantiations.   Submit new proposals to me.  Please use the 2011 NEC Handbook as a reference. I'll circulate responses and updates about every 4-6 weeks.  Grammatical suggestions may or may not be adopted.

The proposals will be put through the NEC Style Manual "wringer" at a later date.

Final submission to NFPA will be in late Oct to meet NEC 2014 deadlines.

Other interested parties may follow these drafts on the WWW.SOLARABCS.ORG web site.

Michael Welch
Sr. Editor
     Home Power magazine
     www.homepower.com