[RE-wrenches] Be careful upgrading older Outback propducts!

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Thu Feb 10 15:41:43 PST 2011

I continue to have issues with inaccurate MX60 meters, I can calibrate for EITHER the lower voltage setpoints OR the higher but can't get accuracy across full scale. I've seen this on nearly every MX I've been around. This has forced many a customer to run to start their genny on low V falsely. It will display 12.2V when reality is 12.6V. Outback has not adaquately address this to me as of yet and at one point they offered to update the software in several MX's that I'm involved with. When they came back the metering error was still there and now they will no longer communicate with the MATE completely. You can access about 1/4 of the data at best. They then updated several MATES and still little communication. We don't know if it is a MATE issue or a MX one. This has been a giant step backwards and they tell me that they cannot put back the old codes. They also have not been able to tell me if the new MATE just released can fully communicate with older MX's after several requests for an answer. If you think updating a customers older products will make them happy with your awesome service take a long pause. I would be nervous updating a MATE on an older system and certainly would not do a MX. -jeff From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham/Regenerative SOLutions
Globe Life Insurance
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4d5477de5e3a33050d5st02vuc