[RE-wrenches] Roofers installing solar = creative, new installation methods

Nick Soleil nicksoleilsolar at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 19:11:51 PST 2011

Hi wrenches:
   Have you noticed that roofing companies have recently been trying to sell
solar?  One company thought of something that I had never considered.  Listen to
this neat story.
   I was servicing a job today, where a roofing company recently removed and
re-installed a PV array on a 12 degree sloped roof.  The funny thing is that the
roofer didn't want to penetrate his new roof, so he and the customer decided to
leave the panels sitting on the composition roof without any attachments to the
structure.  They didn't think it was necessary!

    Shortly afterward, the array slid down the roof, and a MultiContact
connector came unplugged.  The customer noticed that his system was not
operating, and called us to the site.

 Nick Soleil
Project Manager
Advanced Alternative Energy Solutions, LLC
PO Box 657
Petaluma, CA 94953
Cell:   707-321-2937
Office: 707-789-9537