[RE-wrenches] Component Choices for MY RV - Apollo Solar?

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 25 16:34:11 PST 2010

My experance is pperhaps to limited with Magnum but I have been impressed with the surge capacity of the Magnum AE and I assume the PAE is the same.  I have started larger motors than most other inverters, where the others will kick out on low voltage the magnum seems to hold longer. I have measured 270 amps at 24 volts on the input of a Magnum 4024 AE and it stupplying a 70 amp 120 volt load.  And this would hold until the large motor would start.  I know this is fantastic surge capacity, and my customer is very happy it has only been operation for 6 months but it has never failed to start the motor.  I tried my most commom inverter the Outback but two Outback 3524s can not match the reliability of the one Magnum in starting this motor load.    I am amazed and puzzled as to how guttzy in starting loads the Magnum is.   I am offering a paper on my install at the small wind conference in June at Stevens Point Wisc. if accepted I will help by emailing to
 interested parties.  I have been rejected before because the paper had been presented before.
Darryl