[RE-wrenches] PV On Corrugated Metal Roof on Steel Building

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at 1scom.net
Sat Dec 25 15:24:20 PST 2010

   Jason
  the Ejot Solar Fastener is designed for trapazoidal standing seam rib profiles like you may be up against on this roof.  The only drawback is that the m8x1.25 [.312"] self-tapping lag standoffs are not self-drilling. This makes for an extra step in the process requiring an aligned pilot hole to allow the threads to be formed properly. And though they don't show a jam nut on the underside against the purlin, it would probably be a good idea to use one.

  http://www.ejot.com/ejot.de/Der_EJOT_Solarbefestiger_ist_keine_Stockschraube_Bau_2011--5816,websiteLang__en.htm

  Jim Duncan
  North Texas Renewable Energy
  NABCEP Certified Solar PV